Mark A Ivener, A Law Corporation

Category: Tips

Your Visa Has Been Approved: How to Get a Driver’s License

If you have a recently approved visa you may wish to apply for a Driver’s License. As a non-immigrant you are eligible to apply for a state Driver’s License or State ID card. Each state has their own regulations, however, so you should familiarize yourself with your specific state’s policies. This information can be found… Read More

Your Visa has Been Approved: How to Get a Social Security Number

If you have a recently approved visa you may need to apply for a Social Security number. Social Security numbers are used to report wages to the federal government for tax purposes, as well as to determine eligibility for Social Security Benefits and certain other government services. Generally, only those authorized to work in the… Read More

Electronic VWP Application System Now Available

The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is now accessible online for citizens and eligible nationals of Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries to apply for advance authorization to travel to the United States under the VWP. Effective January 12, 2009, all VWP travelers will be required to obtain an electronic travel authorization before boarding a… Read More

Filing Tips for H-1B Applications

For fiscal year 2009, the first H-1B filing date is Tuesday, April 1, 2008. Petitions are to be filed at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Vermont and California Service Centers, depending on jurisdiction. Mark A. Ivener, A Law Corporation recommends the following tips for employers planning to file H-1B applications: