Articles and Publications
The Los Angeles-based EB-5 Green Card & Business Immigration attorney Mark Ivener is a prolific immigration law author.
Books by Mark A. Ivener
His books on immigration topics include:
- Handbook of Immigration Law,
- Doing Business in the USA under Free Trade
- Get the Right Visa
- A Complete Guide to Getting an American Visa (in Japanese)
- Have You Thought about Immigrating to the U.S.? (in Spanish)
Download “The Handbook of Immigration Law,” (PDF eBook).
Articles & Publications
Mr. Ivener writes frequently on Visas and EB-5 investment immigration topics. Representative articles by Mr. Ivener include:
- “International Investors & California: EB-5 Visas/California Taxes”, Mark Ivener & Gary Wolfe, California CEO Business News & Information, May 11, 2016.
- “EB-5 Investor Green Cards”, Mark Ivener, Partner, Sam Ngo, Immigration Attorney, Mark Ivener and Gary Wolfe, International Tax Lawyer, The Wolfe Law Group, Los Angeles, USA, Offshore Investment Magazine, November 2014.
- “EB-5 Investor Visa and U.S. Tax Issues”, Mark Ivener & Gary S. Wolfe, Article—The Practical Tax Lawyer, Fall 2013
- “M&A and Immigration” – An article by Mark Ivener discussing how deals can affect key workers’ visa status and how immigration compliance remains an often overlooked aspect of M&A due diligence. (Acquisition International, August 2012)
- “International Corporate Immigration Review” – Published in InterContinental Finance, September 2010.
- “Lawyer, Know Thyself: Fundamental Tips for Building a Strong Brand and a Strong Practice” – Published in Law|Practice (Sept/Oct, 2010)
- “Fast Track Green Cards Through Investment” – An article by Mr. Mark Ivener published in Immigrant Magazine in February 2009.
- “Perm Labor Certification,” with David Fullmer, The Immigrant Magazine, July/August, 2008.
- “Visas for Individuals with Extraordinary Ability,” The Immigrant Magazine, May/June, 2008.
- “J-1 Visas for Interns and Trainees,” The Immigrant Magazine, March/April, 2008.
- “Fast Track Green Cards through Investment,” The Immigrant Magazine, January/February, 2008.
- “Immigration to the U.S.: Tax Planning and Fast Track [EB-5]Permanent Residency,” with co-author Stephen A. Malley, The California International Law Journal, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2007.
- “M&A And Immigration: Deals Can Affect Key Workers’ Visa Status, Yet Immigration Compliance Remains An Often Overlooked Aspect Of M&A Due Diligence,” Immigration Daily, 7/27/2006
- “Scrutinize Contractor Hires To Avoid Wal-Mart Problem,” Immigration Daily, 7/6/2006
- “Stopped at the Border: Anticipating Roadblocks in the Work Visa Application Process Can Help Ensure Safe Passage,” HR Magazine, June 2006.
- “Green Cards Through Investment Typically In Less Than A Year,” Immigration Daily, 3/9/2006
- “U.S. Investor Green Cards in Less than a Year,” Citywealth, January 28, 2006.
- “Complete Immigration Review Avoids Unwelcome Surprises,” Los Angeles Daily Journal, October 2005.
- “The Proactive Approach” – An article by Mark Ivener about how retailers can take a cue from Wal-Mart’s immigrant labor legal troubles. (Progressive Grocer, Ahead of What’s Next, September 15, 2005)
- “M&A and Immigration” – An article by Mark Ivener published in The Deal discussing how deals can affect key workers’ visa status and how immigration compliance remains an often overlooked aspect of M&A due diligence. (The Deal, Sept 5, 2005)