Mark A. Ivener, Esq.
For more than 40 years, immigration attorney Mark Ivener has exclusively practiced immigration law. He has lectured numerous times on U.S. immigration law, visas and EB-5 investor Green Cards for organizations such as the World Trade Institute; the International, California and Los Angeles Bar Associations; the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA); Immigration Lawyers on the Web (ILW.com); and the Federal Bar Association.
His books include Handbook of Immigration Law, Volumes I & II; Doing Business in the USA Under Free Trade; Get the Right Visa; A Complete Guide to Getting An American Visa (in Japanese); and Have You Thought About Immigrating to the US? (in Spanish). In addition, he has authored many articles for such publications as the International Law Journal, the Canadian-American Bar Association Newsletter and Business and the Law.
A leader in his field, Mark Ivener is a founder of the National Consortium of Immigration Law Firms (IMMLAW) and the Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers (ABIL). He is listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (Immigration and Naturalization), the International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers, and Best Lawyers.
Nationally Recognized Lawyer Firm For EB-5 Green Card Application:
- Chambers USA 2014 states:
“This full-service firm is highly regarded in the market, particularly in the EB-5 investor category and for representing companies and individuals in the entertainment industry.”
“Mark Ivener advises clients on immigrant visas, nonimmigrant visas and compliance. Market sources say he is “a legend in the EB-5 category” and that “his reputation is stellar.”
- Chambers Global 2014 states:
“Mark Ivener is based in Los Angeles and has an excellent reputation particularly in the area of EB-5 investor visas.”
- Chambers USA 2013 states:
Mark Ivener is ‘exceptional, very thoughtful, very inciteful and extremely knowledgeable,’ according to informants. He offers a range of immigration services and is deeply involved in work related to the EB-5 investor category.”
- Chambers USA 2012 states:
“‘Personable, responsive and knowledgeable’, ‘Mark Ivener is noted for his work on the EB-5 investor scheme. He represents a number of regional centers which advise foreign investors.'”
- Chambers USA 2011 states:
“Mark Ivener provides particular assistance to persons of extraordinary ability in the field of entertainment. He is described as ‘one of the premier immigration lawyers in the state; he operates at the absolute cutting edge and has the ability to provide highly creative solutions to the most complex of problems.’ Both Ivener and David Fullmer are highly skilled in the arranging of EB-5 investor visas. Sources single out Fullmer’s ‘proactive approach to client concerns; he is responsive, personable and really knowledgeable.'”
- Chambers Global 2011 states:
“Mark Ivener of Ivener & Fullmer LLP is a ‘phenomenal lawyer who is not only technically brilliant, but someone who really cares about his clients.’ He has particular expertise in EB-5 investor visas and also advises corporate clients on compliance issues. He has obtained visas for multinational clients throughout China, Japan, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.”
- Chambers USA 2010 states:
“Mark Ivener is one of the best immigration lawyers out there – proactive, enterprising and looking out for the best interests of his clients.” He is particularly skilled with EB-5 investor visas.”
- Chambers Global 2010 states:
“According to sources, Mark Ivener of Ivener & Fullmer LLP is ‘phenomenal: responsive, creative and easy to work with.’ His investor visa practice receives most praise, with clients highlighting his ability to ‘always come up with solutions to difficult problems.”
- Chambers USA 2009 states:
“Clients are full of praise for this ‘go-to business immigration outfit,’ citing the ‘ready access to helpful partners.’ Although its four offices provide the full range of immigration services, the firm is particularly admired for its superb skills and experience in EB-5 investor immigration matters.”
- Chambers USA 2008 states:
“The extremely responsive Mark Ivener has been actively involved in the investor Green Cards arena, and earns praise as a hard-working and extremely knowledgeable attorney.”
Mr. Ivener was the only immigration attorney named in Citywealth Magazine’s Top 100 Wealth Advisors and Managers in the Americas; Attorney Leaders List, the annual guide to the Most Highly Regarded Figures in Private Wealth Management; and North America’s Leading Advisors Top 50.
Mr. Ivener was quoted in the February 3-9, 2012, edition of New Orleans City Business, in an article on EB-5 investors, “Lawmaker Wants Foreign Investment for Terminal.” In an article about Louisiana state senator A.G. Crowe wanting to use EB-5 investment funds to finance the Louisiana International Gulf Transfer Terminal, currently an idea for a port at the mouth of the Mississippi River, Mr. Ivener commented on potential conflicts of interest that can result if brokers represent regional centers to which they are steering investors. Mr. Ivener noted that it is common to represent both types of clients separately.
EB-5 Presentations by Immigration Attorney Mark Ivener:
Mr. Ivener’s past and future lectures on EB-5 and other U.S. investment immigration law issues include presentations for the following organizations:
- “What if EB-5 Project Fails?” panel, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Biennial EB-5 Conference, Universal City, February 13, 2016.
- “EB-5 Green Card Program”, International Trade: Global Flows and the Digital Age, 4th Annual California Asian Business Summit, CalAsian Chamber of Commerce, Hilton OC Costa Mesa, California, September 18,2015.
- “Three EB-5 Investor Green Cards / E-2 Visas Seminars”, University of Illinois Champaign, April 8-11, 2015.
- “ International Investors and California Wineries GW”, Peninsula Beverly Hills, November 6, 2014.
- “EB-5 Investor Green Cards”, Destination Los Angeles, Arcadia Association of Realtors, Pasadena, California, Thursday October 2, 2014.
- "Advanced – Best Practices for Investor Filings", panel at the Southern California EB-5 Conference, Newport Beach, California, Monday July 15, 2013.
- "Joint – Overview of USCIS Policy Memo", panel at the Southern California EB-5 Conference, Newport Beach, California, Monday July 15, 2013.
- "EB-5 for Investors", EB-5 Investment Visa Match-Making Forum, City of Industry, California, Friday April 19, 2013.
- "The EB-5 Summit for Attorneys and Developers" for ILW.com, September 14, 2012 in Los Angeles, CA. Mr. Ivener gave a speech on "Ethics—How to Avoid Conflicts of Interest and Professional Liability Insurance Considerations".
- "ABIL U.S. Investment Visas and Green Cards for Foreign Nationals: SESSION 1: Visa options for individual investors" ABIL Webinar, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, Mr. Ivener gave a presentation on Due Diligence for Regional Center EB-5 Green Card cases.
- "EB-5 Investor Green Cards," Los Angeles County Bar Association, EB-5 Seminar, March 20, 2010, Los Angeles, California, Mr. Ivener gave an EB-5 investor Green Card presentation.
- "EB-5 Regional Center Investments," National Regional Economic Development Center Chinese Business Summit, January 4, 2010, Las Vegas, Nevada, Mr. Ivener was the main speaker.
- "Investors for Experts," ILW.com EB-5 Seminar, Los Angeles, California, December 17, 2009, on a panel of speakers.
- "EB-5 Regional Center Investments," NREDC, July 23, 2009, Bangkok, Thailand. Mr. Ivener was the main speaker.
- "Commercial Real Estate Purchases in the United States & the EB-5 Green Card," Thai Appraisal Foundation, Monthly Forum, July 21, 2009, Bangkok, Thailand. Mr. Ivener was the main speaker.
- "Immigration Law Practice Success – EB-5 Marketing," American Immigration Lawyers Association Annual Conference, June 5, 2009. Mr. Ivener was a participant on a panel discussion.
- "Interactive Multi-Jurisdictional Planning for Immigration and Expatriation Visas and EB-5." The 2nd Annual STEP Pacific Rim Conference, May 8, 2009, Los Angeles, California. Mr. Ivener participated in discussion on immigration EB-5 residency and domicile changes.
- "Growing Your Practice in a Time of Chaos: EB-5 Marketing Options," American Immigration Lawyers Association 2009 Midyear Conference, January 19, 2009, Aruba.
- "EB-5 Immigrant Investors: Here and Now," ILW.com Seminar, November 20, 2008.
- "Foreign Nationals Who Should Consider EB-5 Regional Centers" and "Due Diligence Compliance and EB-5 Legal Issues," Florida EB-5 Foreign Investor Seminar, October 24-25, 2008, Orlando, Florida.
- "Investor Visas Workshop EB-5," ILW.com Seminar, New York, New York, December 7, 2007.
- "Investor Visas Workshop EB-5," ILW.com Seminar, Orlando, FL, June 13, 2007.
- "Immigration For Investors: NIVs and IVs EB-5," ILW.com Seminar, August 24, 2006.
Immigration Books and EB-5 and Business Immigration Articles by Immigration Attorney Mark Ivener:
The Los Angeles-based EB-5 Green Card attorney Mark Ivener is a prolific immigration law author. His books on immigration topics include:
- EB-5 Visas: International Investors & U.S. Taxes , by Gary Wolfe, Ryan Losi, and Mark Ivener (E-Book available on Amazon)
- Handbook of Immigration Law, with David Fullmer
- Doing Business in the USA under Free Trade
- Get the Right Visa
- A Complete Guide to Getting an American Visa (in Japanese)
- Have You Thought about Immigrating to the U.S.? (in Spanish)
In addition, Mr. Ivener writes frequently on Visas and EB-5 investment immigration topics. Representative articles by Mr. Ivener include:
- “EB-5 Investor Green Cards”, Mark Ivener, Partner, Sam Ngo, Immigration Attorney, Ivener & Fullmer and Gary Wolfe, International Tax Lawyer, The Wolfe Law Group, Los Angeles, USA, Offshore Investment Magazine, November 2014.
- “EB-5 Investor Visa and U.S. Tax Issues”, Mark Ivener & Gary S. Wolfe, Article—The Practical Tax Lawyer, Fall 2013
- “M&A and Immigration” – An article by Mark Ivener discussing how deals can affect key workers’ visa status and how immigration compliance remains an often overlooked aspect of M&A due diligence. (Acquisition International, August 2012)
- “International Corporate Immigration Review” – Published in InterContinental Finance, September 2010.
- “Lawyer, Know Thyself: Fundamental Tips for Building a Strong Brand and a Strong Practice” – Published in Law|Practice (Sept/Oct, 2010)
- “Fast Track Green Cards Through Investment” – An article by Mr. Mark Ivener published in Immigrant Magazine in February 2009.
- “Immigration to the U.S.: Tax Planning and Fast Track [EB-5]Permanent Residency,” with co-author Stephen A. Malley, The California International Law Journal, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2007.
- “M&A And Immigration: Deals Can Affect Key Workers’ Visa Status, Yet Immigration Compliance Remains An Often Overlooked Aspect Of M&A Due Diligence,” Immigration Daily, 7/27/2006
- “Scrutinize Contractor Hires To Avoid Wal-Mart Problem,” Immigration Daily, 7/6/2006
- “Stopped at the Border: Anticipating Roadblocks in the Work Visa Application Process Can Help Ensure Safe Passage,” HR Magazine, June 2006.
- “U.S. Investor Green Cards in Less than a Year,” Citywealth, January 28, 2006.
- “Complete Immigration Review Avoids Unwelcome Surprises,” Los Angeles Daily Journal, October 2005.
- “The Proactive Approach” – An article by Mark Ivener about how retailers can take a cue from Wal-Mart’s immigrant labor legal troubles. (Progressive Grocer, Ahead of What’s Next, September 15, 2005)
- “M&A and Immigration” – An article by Mark Ivener published in The Deal discussing how deals can affect key workers’ visa status and how immigration compliance remains an often overlooked aspect of M&A due diligence. (The Deal, Sept 5, 2005)
- Member, The State Bar of California
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Founding Member, National Consortium of Immigration Law Firms (www.immlaw.com)
- Founding Member, Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers (www.abil.com)
Awards and Recognition:
Mr. Ivener is AV® rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He is recognized for his legal immigration work in the following legal directories:
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Immigration, 2011 and 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (Immigration & Naturalization)
- International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers
- Ranked in Chambers USA 2011 and 2010, Leading Individual Lawyer
- Best Lawyers of America
- University of Illinois, B.A., 1964 University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law, J.D., 1967
Mr. Ivener has decades of experience in helping immigrants from around the world achieve U.S. permanent residency. You can contact Mr. Ivener by calling (310) 477-3000.
As a foreign customer, I appreciate Mr. Ivener’s professional advice and all hard work done for my case. He and his assistant always explained things to me with a great of patience and accuracy.”
“I would certainly recommend Mark Ivener and his firm for any immigration related services. In fact I have already recommended his name to one of our office colleagues.”
“Wonderful and a perfect attorney who is very professional and a thorough gentleman. Always ready to advise you and help, thereby, giving you confidence and a great sense of security that you are in save hands. Would highly recommend him as an attorney.”
“I endorse this lawyer.”
“Mark is a brilliant, talented, caring and compassionate lawyers, able to masterfully win the most complex of immigration matters. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of the best of the best.”
“Mark is an exceptional lawyer. He is extremely knowledgeable and responsive, and I know that clients are safe in his hands.”