Mark A Ivener, A Law Corporation

Category: I-765

USCIS Updates Application for Employment Authorization

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published an update to Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. The new edition is dated 11/04/15. Previous editions dated 02/13/15, 05/27/08, or later are also being accepted. See also: The latest I-765 edition is at  The related Federal Register notice is at  Other recent forms updates… Read More

H-4 Employment Authorization

On February 24th, 2015 the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced they will extend eligibility for employment authorization to certain H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants who are seeking lawful permanent resident status. USCIS will begin accepting applications on May 26, 2015. Individuals who are eligible to apply must meet one of the… Read More

EAD Processing Delays Cause Hardship, Ombudsman Says

The Department of Homeland Security’s Ombudsman noted on July 11, 2011, that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in some cases fails to meet its regulatory requirement to process applications for employment authorization in 90 days, and USCIS generally does not issue interim employment authorization documents (EADs). When processing for EADs is delayed, individuals and… Read More

USCIS Issues Guidance on Concurrent Advance Parole, EAD

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) released a guidance memorandum (PDF) on issuance of employment authorization documents (EADs) with advance parole endorsements. Traditionally, USCIS has issued two separate documents, an EAD (Form I-766) and an Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States (Form I-512). Although adjudication of an Application for Travel Document… Read More

USCIS To Issue Two-Year EADs for Certain LPR Applicants

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced on June 12, 2008, that certain lawful permanent resident applicants may file a Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) to request a two-year employment authorization document (EAD). The two-year EAD is available to pending adjustment applicants (those who have filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence… Read More