DHS To Extend Haiti TPS
Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano is extending Haiti’s temporary protected status (TPS). The Department of Homeland Security expects to publish a notice in the Federal Register shortly announcing this decision.
The Federal Register notice will provide additional guidance on:
- Who is eligible for TPS;
- How to re-register if you have TPS;
- When to begin filing TPS applications;
- How to request an employment authorization document (EAD);
- Six-month automatic extension of current EADs;
- TPS fees and fee waiver procedures; and
- Other TPS-related information.
The 60-day re-registration period for current Haiti TPS beneficiaries will begin on the day the Federal Register notice is published. Individuals who have not continuously resided in the United States since January 12, 2011, will not be eligible.