PERM Data Released
The Employment and Training Administration’s Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) recently released fiscal year (FY) 2007 data covering cases processed under the Permanent Labor Certification Program. Selected statistics include:
- More than 85,100 PERM cases were certified during FY 2007.
Foreign workers representing 176 countries were certified for permanent work in the U.S.
- Nearly 6 out of 10 PERM cases were certified for small employers (defined as fewer than 250 workers).
- Top states: California (20,222), New York (8,843), New Jersey (6,594), Texas (6,534), Florida (5,128).
- Top countries: India (24,573), China (6,846), Mexico (6,442), South Korea (5,159), Canada (4,837).
- Top employers: Microsoft Corporation; Cognizant Technologies; Oracle USA, Incorporated; Intel Corporation; Ernst & Young, LLP; Motorola Incorporated.